Custom Sewing Details
Need sewing done that you can’t do, or can’t get around to? Let me help! I happily do modest custom sewing. Fees are a couple of different ways (I’m fairly flexible):
· You buy all materials and get them, and the pattern, to me, and I do the work for $8 - $12 an hour, depending on what you feel able to pay.
· You tell me what you want, and I purchase all materials and bill you for them, as well as work done. In such case, I may ask for a pledge (down-payment).
· A basic dress, skirt, or jumper may be negotiated to a price per item, rather than a strict per-hour fee.
· I do not accept other than monetary payment: no patterns, material, etc. will be accepted as pay, or a portion of payment.
· If you do not have a pattern, I may already have one such as you are looking for, and will use my own for an extra fee of $1.00 per garment use. If a pattern must be purchased, you will be responsible for the entire price, and the pattern will be yours, returned, or given, to you with your finished garment.
· If enough thread, buttons, elastic, etc., are not provided, I will purchase them and include them on your invoice, giving all un-needed portions to you with your finished garment.
· I accept cash, check, or money order, and must have payment in hand before your sewing is released to you.
Times will vary, depending on how much I have on hand; I serve on a first-come-first-served basis. J I will do my best to give you an accurate time estimate. A basic time estimate is around 3 weeks, plus shipping time. I do allow pick-ups! I live in the Dayton OH area.